Taking place at King John’s Castle on Tuesday 16th August, and ahead of the RHIFF’s tenth year – which runs from October 26-31, was a special launch of both a new partnership between the Richard Harris International Film Festival (FHIFF) and Amcomri Entertainment Inc. (AMEN)and a Film Funding Scheme worth 10 million Euro.
Amcomri Entertainment Inc. will make available a new film investment fund of €10m to entrants of the 2022 Richard Harris International Film Festival, while also announcing confirmation as the primary commercial sponsor for the Richard Harris International Film Festival.
The funds can be invested across a number of film projects as selected by the Amcomri Entertainment Film Committee, with funding available to entrants of the 2022 RHIFF as well as previous entrants to the festival. The investments are for feature films (not shorts), animations and documentaries.
Robert Price, Chief Executive Officer of Amcomri spoke to the audience of dignitaries and the local film making community about how this new relationship with the RHIFF will work.
“At Amcomri, we work to encourage project dialogue for film financing, publishing and international distribution and sales so we are thrilled to sponsor this year’s RHIFF. We want to continue to develop long-term relationships which can grow to multi-deal co-production activity and are eager to receive the applicants to the AMEN Film Investment Fund”
Terms and Conditions
- Projects eligible for the fund MUST be submitted through the portal only. DO NOT email scripts or treatments.
- The fund (and the decision making process) is entirely separate from RHIFF. The Richard Harris International Film Festival does not have a final say in this process.
- The directors and any volunteers or contractors associated with RHIFF have no involvement in the selection process of the fund. NO Canvassing RHIFF staff.
- Amcomri Entertainment does not provide early development funding – each project needs to be developed to the draft, script, & budget stage as a minimum requirement.
- The investments are for feature films, animations & documentaries.
- Applications to be made no later than 31/12/2022.
- Waivers for administration fee will not be granted.
- Applying to the fund does not guarantee selection at the festival and any submissions to the festival should only be done through film freeway nor does selection at the festival this year or in previous years guarantee that a project is eligible.
- Each and any investment will be at Amcomri’s sole discretion and based upon their commercial investment criteria.
- Applicants acknowledge that Amcomri receives a large number of applications from producers globally and that Amcomri will not be liable for an inadvertent similarities between any materials submitted to Amcomri and any film produced with Amcomri funding by another party.
- Informal approaches (other than queries on the application process & eligibility) and pitches will not be entertained and will be disregarded and this may affect the eligibility of the project.
Copyright & Ownership
- Writer, Director, and Producer credit will remain with the original filmmaking team.
- All ownership and rights to material submitted to the investment program remains with the original rights holder until and unless other agreements are made.
- Should your project be awarded funding, you are not obligated to accept it until and unless other agreements are made.
For more information click the link below.